Services for publishers
I proofread fiction and non-fiction using the British Standards Institution’s proof-correction marks. I work digitally or on paper, blind or against copy. Although I’m happy to work across a range of subjects, I have particular experience in the following areas:
- Literature and drama, particularly Shakespeare and other early modern works
- Theatre: acting and performance, theatre-in-the-round, stage management
- History: early modern, twentieth century, local British
- Media: broadcast journalism, the BBC, commercial radio, media law and ethics
- Current affairs and politics
- Marketing and public relations
- Children’s fiction.
My recent work includes proofreading Arden Shakespeare and Arden Early Modern Drama titles for Bloomsbury. I’ve also proofread children’s story and activity books for Parragon, in US and British English. Other publishing clients include Hodder Education and Biteback Publishing.