I offer a proofreading service for undergraduate and postgraduate students. I can help you with essays, theses or dissertations, using the ‘track changes’ and comments functions in Word so you can easily identify the suggestions I’ve made. I can also proofread academic journal submissions.
My service consists of:
- correcting spelling, punctuation and grammar and ensuring consistency
- highlighting sentences or passages of text that are overly complex or unclear
- drawing attention to formatting errors
- highlighting errors in labelling tables or figures
- checking references against citations.
I specialise in working with non-native English speakers so my service is ideal for international students. I’ve also worked with students who have dyslexia.
Although I’m happy to work across a wide range of subjects, I have particular knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- media, journalism and communications
- current affairs and politics
- theatre and drama
I will abide by your university’s guidelines on proofreading. To avoid plagiarism my academic service does not include:
- re-writing or editing your work
- changing or developing ideas and arguments
- changing the formatting
- reducing or increasing the word count to fit a specified limit.
If you would like more information on how I can help you with your assessed work please contact me.